|We shall: |
- Protect and safeguard railway passengers, passenger area and railway property.
- Ensure the safety, security and boost the confidence of the traveling public in the Indian Railways
|We shall: |
- Carry on an unrelenting fight against criminals in protecting railway passengers, passenger area and railway property.
- Facilitate passenger-travel and security by removing all anti-social elements from trains, railway premises and passenger area.
- Remain vigilant to prevent trafficking in women and children and take appropriate action to rehabilitate destitute children found in Railway areas.
- Co-operate with other departments of the Railways in improving the efficiency and image of the Indian Railways.
- Act as a bridge between the Government Railway Police/local police and the Railway administration.
- Adopt proactively all modern technology, best human rights practices, management techniques and special measures for protection of female and elderly passengers and children, in the pursuit of these objectives.
|Sealdah division is headed by Sri Amaresh Kumar, Sr. Divl. Security Commissioner, RPF and assisted by four Asstt.Security Commissioners who are located as shown below :|
|Post of ASCs||Name |
|ASC-I/Sealdah ||Sri K.P.Tarafdar |
|ASC-II/Sealdah ||Sri M.Khan |
|ASC/Kanchrapara ||Sri P.K.Mansingh |
|ASC/Post Commander/Sealdah ||Sri P.K.Majkumder |
|The jurisdiction of Security Branch of Sealdah division extends over complete Sealdah operating Division of Eastern Railway besides Kanchrapara workshop. To facilitate working, the division has been divided into four parts, each headed by one Asstt.Security Commissioner. The RPF Posts under the command of each ASCs are :-|
| ||ASC-I/Sealdah |
| ||Sealdah, Sealdah PF, OE/Sealdah, Coaching Sealdah, Dum Dum, Barasat, Bangaon Post as well as Divl.Control, Logestic & Modernisation.|
| ||Sonarpur, Baruipur, Ballygunge, Budge-Budge, Chitpur, Cossipore, Nakeldanga-I Coy, Narkeldanga-II Coy., Train Escorting Coy. & W&S/SDAH. |
| ||ASC/Kanchrapara |
Barrackpore Naihati Halisahar Store C&W/Kanchrapara Loco/Kanchrapara C&TE/Kanchrapara Welfare & Sports/KPA LMT/KPA Computer Cell, Ranaghat, Krishnanagar & Berhampore Posts come under the jurisdiction of ASC/RHA.
| ||New Responsibilities |
| ||After amendment of Railway Act and RPF Act, RPF has undertaken the new responsibilities of escorting of trains w.e.f. 1.7.2004 and RPF of Sealdah division is escorting the following trains.|
Source : Eastern Railway CMS Team Last Reviewed on: 13-09-2011