Wagon POH Organisation
Headed by Dy. Chief Mechanical Engineer (Wagon)
•POH/NPOH of all types of Air Brake wagons viz BOXN, BOBRN, BRN, BCN
Modification of wagons to 22.9/25 ton axle load.
|The Present activities of Wagon Organization are : |
FUTURE PLANNING - POH of BOX/BOX`N’ Wagons:
There is a heavy arising of unloadable wagons on Eastern Railway. In addition Liluah Workshop is carrying out POH of Box/Box’N’ wagons. Liluah shops have to increase their capacity for POH/Repair of coaching stock, and hence there is an urgent need to find an alternative place for undertaking POH of Goods stock. Jamalpur shops have the infrastructure to accept such an activity. It also has trained
manpower conversant with rebuilding/POH/ROH/repair of wagons and is fairly well located for handling additional workload of POH of Goods stock. Space is not a constraint as there are a number of old shops that are no longer required or are economically viable to be operated e.g. the Rolling Mill, Boiler Structural Shop etc.. These can be dismantled for setting up facilities for undertaking additional workload. Only minor support facilities would be required as considerable amount of help would be available from the existing ancillary shops. Jamalpur is also fairly well located to undertake this additional workload as it is close to the coal-loading belt where the bulk of BOX/BOX (N) wagons are examined and isolated for repairs. Keeping these factors in view, a detailed proposal was sent to Railway Board, which has since been approved. In the first phase POH of 500 FWU BOXN wagons has to be started in Jamalpur shops. We expect this activity to be fully established by the year 2001.
It is also anticipated that by the year 2001 Indian Railways will have switched over in a big way to composite brake blocks in place of the cast iron brake blocks. With this change over, the workload on the foundries in Jamalpur would start reducing. At present 1333 staff are engaged in foundry activities. It is also anticipated that by the year 2001 Indian Railways will have switched over in a big way to composite brake blocks in place of the cast iron brake blocks. With this change over, the workload on the foundries in Jamalpur would start reducing. At present 1333 staff are engaged in foundry activities.
Highest ever wagon POH outrun of 429 VUs in Jan’08.
- 3722 wagons turned out till Jan''08 against the target of 3707 in 2007 - 08
- 860 CASNUB bogies turned out in Jan’08 which is highest ever achievement.
- 403 no. of wagons modified to 22.9/25 ton in Jan’08 which is highest ever achievement.
- RSP 2007-08 target of renewal of BOXN HS conversion and 22.9 ton axle load modification have been completed.
- Average cycle time and wagon holdings in 2007-08 has been -4.2 days and 126.2 VU against the target of 4.6 days and 150 VU.
- Jamalpur has also started the work of retrofitment of bogie mounted brake system. This work is alotted during the year of 2010 - 11.
- RSP - Rebuilding of BOXN / BOBRN Wagon have been completed 610 wagon against allotted target of 600 wagon during 2009 - 10.
|Year||Out turn in VU|
|POH Cycle time in days|
| || ||Target||Actual|| |
|2008 - 09||4397||150||133||3.5|
|2009 - 10||4213||140||154.7||7.5|